Thursday, March 8, 2007

Shots

Got dogs, pets, or siblings? Well, I have all three, and due to certain extenuating circumstances certain members of the family require pre-exposure shots of anti-rabies immunoglobulins. Needless to say that I am one such individual that will get the shots. Don't get me wrong, I'm not afraid of needles or anything like that (besides its only three small intra-dermal shots that has your back for three years), however what gets my "knickers in a twist" is that the institution that we go to for the shots is a govt run institution. No, I will not go into a tirade about my country's govt, (thats for another time wink wink...) but sad to say the experience of getting a shot that lasts all but 2 seconds (done by an intern no less, hey I don't mind they have to practice somewhere might as well start small so they don't kill anyone in the process) will approximately have me waiting at the institution for no less than 2 to 4 hours. This is further exacerbated by the fact that whenever we go there it seems like everyone on the planet was bitten by a dog and requires some form of medical treatment. You may gather that I am not one for crowds, well crowds may have good points every now and then. However, what we find there is a horde...a horde of people cramped into a small corridor no bigger than a bread box.

Life... well I know I'm just ranting here, but thats time I would have rather spent on something far more productive (like watching cartoons). Its all good, I'm not much of a hothead anyway, and it gives me time to think, a LOT of time to think and reflect that at least I wasn't mauled by some big monster other people would call a canine. I'm getting the shots for a much smaller kind of monster...

Hey, at least it saves me the trouble of getting 10 painful injections without pre-exposure if ever I do get bitten.


The Culprit...

Good Puppy...


Bad Puppy... (battle mode)


No comments: