Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Go Onger Woes...


Ever heard of Sentai?

If you have, then you would know that Sentai is the original Japanese made series about a group of colorful costumed fighting heroes.

In fact, the American made Power Ranger series takes most of the shots (sans those involving the Japanese actors) and re-cycles them for their own version of Sentai (Power Rangers).

Usually, a Sentai series has it's run in Japan after which, the US counterpart takes the shots, inserts their own actors into some of the scenes and re-names the entire series Power Rangers something.

I digress, my woes on Go Onger (the latest Sentai series hitting Japan) is that they have taken influences from more older Sentai series. At first look the entire series gets an almost retro feel. Why is this a problem you ask, well as a toy fanatic, I quite enjoy Sentai toys and as a matter of fact occasionally collect the cooler looking combining mecha pieces from multiple series.

Unfortunately I might altogether skip this particular series of toys based on what I've seen so far, but don't take my word for it, have a look for yourself...

Their primary robot has 8 eyes! 2 on the robots head, and 6 strewn across the faces that form its body.

Argh! Talk about kiddy!

I'm hoping they revamp the succeeding robots to come, if not I'm looking at quite a drought Sentaiwise until the next series comes along...

Peace! O_o

No comments: